Fine tuning agent notification - problem with own emails

Moderator: crythias

bin
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Fine tuning agent notification - problem with own emails

Post by bin »

Hi

Our agents are also customer account managers - or rather our internal customer account managers are all agents to allow access to OTRS queues.
As such they will field problems from customers and if needed raise a ticket by email to OTRS.
In that situation they do not want or need a notification that there's a change as they've initiated it. Similarly any reply from support will not need a notification.

However, if the customer has sent an email direct to the support account it will have filtered to the correct queue and in that case the agent/account manager *does* need to know.

I would have thought that AgentSelfNotifyOnAction - No would satisfy that, but it does not.
Switching off Ticket notifications in the user settings will mean that they never get notified.

Is there a solution to this please?

bin
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Fine tuning agent notification - problem with own emails

Post by crythias »

notification on in preferences and queue selected in agent's my queues.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
bin
Znuny newbie

Post by bin »

I'm sorry, but re-reading my post I realise that I didn't explain properly.

Test Agent account
Agent Preferences - Notifications are all on
All Queues - selected except standard system queues (though it makes no difference if they are)

As Test Agent I send an email to the support address configured in OTRS
An autoreply is received- this is expected behaviour
A notification is also rec'd telling me I have a new ticket. This is not desirable behaviour.
If Test Agent sends reply to the autoresponse - which is invited behaviour to allow customer email updates to issue if not handled immediately - then a further notification is rec'd.

The support agent replies to the Test Agent's response to the original autoreply - the Test Agent gets a notification and the reply - this is not desirable behaviour
The support agent replies to the original email - the Test Agent gets the reply and no notification - this is expected behaviour

So, the problem seems to relate to the Autoreply in some way.
I set the default 'autoreply to new ticket' to Invalid
Using Test Agent sends new email to support
Autoreply is sent and notification is also sent - but autoreply is set to invalid (otrs service was restarted - no change)

At this point I'm stumped as I cannot switch off the autoreply to see if it is implicated in some way.

I'd really appreciate any guidance at this point.
crythias

Post by crythias »

bin wrote:A notification is also rec'd telling me I have a new ticket. This is not desirable behaviour.
notifications are on and the queue is selected in My Queues. This is what it's supposed to do.
bin wrote:If Test Agent sends reply to the autoresponse - which is invited behaviour to allow customer email updates to issue if not handled immediately - then a further notification is rec'd.
The agent should *NOT* be receiving a notification when Agent sends a Reply (it won't be an autoresponse. An autoresponse happens when a Customer sends an email.) If the customer does send an email, and autoresponse is turned on, "Thank you for your message", the customer gets that.
If the agent has preferences notifications on and queue selected in my queues of followups, the agent gets notification.
bin wrote:The support agent replies to the Test Agent's response to the original autoreply - the Test Agent gets a notification and the reply - this is not desirable behaviour
This should never happen. Why would the Test Agent get a notification unless he cc's himself?

Autoresponse is to customer. Notifications are to Agents.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
bin
Znuny newbie

Post by bin »

Yes - I understand what you're saying.

Our difficulty is that agents can also be 'customers' in as much as they will receive problems from our company customers, and then pass them on to L2+ support via email to OTRS if they cannot resolve locally. So they send an email to their own queue. In that situation they are both 'agent' and 'customer' in OTRS parlance.

However, our company customers can also send in emails direct to L2+ support - in which case the agent needs to be made aware by notification.

So, I want to prevent an agent receiving notification of a new ticket in their queue if they are the one that sent the email in the first place.
The accounts I've mentioned are dummy accounts in as much as I have set up an agent with a GoogleMail email account and I just log into that account and send email to OTRS.
So, I can confirm that in that situation a notification is sent to the sender/agent as well as the autoreply.
artjoms15
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.3.8 && 4.0.9

Post by artjoms15 »

Just turn this setting off ;)
Ticket -> Core::Ticket- > AgentSelfNotifyOnAction
It should resolve your problem ;)
Ar cieņu / Kind regards,
----------------------------------------
Artjoms Petrovs
Sistēmu analītiķis/Programmētājs /
Systems Analyst/Programmer
bin
Znuny newbie

Post by bin »

Thanks for responding - that setting is already at No - hence my puzzle :)
crythias

Post by crythias »

bin wrote:then pass them on to L2+ support via email to OTRS if they cannot resolve locally. So they send an email to their own queue. In that situation they are both 'agent' and 'customer' in OTRS parlance.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11247 Agents shouldn't be using email.
They should be using the web interface and just moving the ticket.
bin
Znuny newbie

Post by bin »

Yes - you're right, it's the eternal conundrum - I was just trying to reduce the number of different systems our field teams have to login to......... :?