Send Notification Event only to users that are in database

Moderator: crythias

hents1230
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 4

Send Notification Event only to users that are in database

Post by hents1230 »

Hello!

I use PostMaster to automatically make tickets from messages that are sent to a e-mail account. Then I made a notification that if ticket is created by customer, automatically they will receive an e-mail notification like:
Dear Sir/Madam,
We received your a ticket ...

However, if someone outside of the company sends a ticket to that e-mail, they won't receive e-mail, because it's marked as spam(Otrs server is not whitelisted, bla bla bla). All would be OK, but Exchange server starts sending the tickets again and again and every time it fails, it sends e-mail to our Otrs e-mail account and automatically another ticket is created saying sending e-mail failed. I do not want to reconfigure Exchange.

Is there a possibility that if someone outside of the company sends an e-mail, Otrs won't send out that notification? For example, if e-mail asd@mycompany.com, send notification, but if asd@yourcompany.com, do not send.

Henri
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Send Notification Event only to users that are in database

Post by crythias »

hents1230 wrote:I use PostMaster to automatically make tickets from messages that are sent to a e-mail account. Then I made a notification that if ticket is created by customer, automatically they will receive an e-mail notification like:
Dear Sir/Madam,
We received your a ticket ...
This is normal stuff .. autoreply attached to queues. You did this somehow manually different?
hents1230 wrote:it sends e-mail to our Otrs e-mail account and automatically another ticket is created saying sending e-mail failed.
This seems suspicious. The subject should have the ticket number. At worst, this should add to the ticket, not create new tickets. What do the logs say about this?
hents1230 wrote:Is there a possibility that if someone outside of the company sends an e-mail, Otrs won't send out that notification? For example, if e-mail asd@mycompany.com, send notification, but if asd@yourcompany.com, do not send.
well yeah, but it's easier to adjust mail flow in Exchange to only allow authenticated users to send to the email address.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
schulmann
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.5.4

Post by schulmann »

crythias wrote:This seems suspicious. The subject should have the ticket number.
This isn't suspicious it's the usual behaviour of Postfix.
We've solved this by redirecting the bounce mail to a small program (inserted in procmail). This program analyzes the bounce mail and extracts the message id of the original mail (the bounce mail contains at least all smtp headers of the original mail) and inserts it as smtp references header into the bounce mail.
This way OTRS is able to append the bounce mail automatically to the original ticket.

By the way: The smtp envelope sender address of all bounce mails is empty. Therefore they can be identified easily.
Znuny6/Debian/ESXi
hents1230
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 4

Post by hents1230 »

crythias wrote:
hents1230 wrote:it sends e-mail to our Otrs e-mail account and automatically another ticket is created saying sending e-mail failed.
This seems suspicious. The subject should have the ticket number. At worst, this should add to the ticket, not create new tickets. What do the logs say about this?
Oh dear me. I did not create auto response, I created a Notification(Event) and that's why I guess it makes a new ticket rather than updating the old one. Will fix it.
crythias wrote:
hents1230 wrote:Is there a possibility that if someone outside of the company sends an e-mail, Otrs won't send out that notification? For example, if e-mail asd@mycompany.com, send notification, but if asd@yourcompany.com, do not send.
well yeah, but it's easier to adjust mail flow in Exchange to only allow authenticated users to send to the email address.
Thing is I need to allow outside tickets to helpdesk system, so I can't just allow all authenticated ones. I'm using "sendmail" to send out e-mails from server. Is there a way that if address is xxx@domain.com send out, but if not drop?

Edit: Didin't find a decent guide how to configure sendmail or postifx to check to field ( tryed lots and lots of guides), so I just created a script that deletes mails that failed from sendmail queue. You can close the thread. thanks for thelp. By the way, auto response messages some how doesn't work for me. It does not send anything out.