iPhone app issue and performance

Moderator: crythias

Ralph
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9 (win)

iPhone app issue and performance

Post by Ralph »

Hello,

We just started using OTRS and are running into two issues which I hope someone can help me with.

Basic info:
    OTRS: 3.3.9
    Windows installer: 3.0.6
    Apache 2.2.25 (win32)
    Local repos: iPhoneHandle 1.3.2 (from xxx)
Issue 1)
The iPhone app does not work, we get the following error: http://i.imgur.com/JqiF1an.png
URL in the OTRS app: http://servername.op.inter.msd/otrs/json.pl
Browsing to the regular URL (for browsers) works: http://servername.op.inter.msd/otrs/ind ... tDashboard
Simply restarting the server did not solve the issue.

Issue 2)
Sometimes perl seems to get stuck generate allot of CPU percentage until I restart the OTRS Scheduler service.

I have read somewhere that mod_perl can speed certain things up? If I type http://servername.op.inter.msd/otrs/ind ... ction=Test I get a 404 which should mean that it uses CGI mode?

Note that I wanted to run 2 OTRS instances on a single server but due to performancec (and my own knowledge on how to setup this) I am inclined to use a second server for the second OTRS instance.

Thanks in advance.
aph
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.3.9, 4.x, 5.x

Re: iPhone app issue and performance

Post by aph »

A word of advice (also from the own experience): If you are planning to have a large setup, consider using Linux. With Perl + Windows you will invariably run into performance problems.
OTRS 3.3.x (private/testing) on Windows Server 2008 with MSSQL database.
OTRS 3.3.x (private/testing) on CentOS with MySQL database and apache
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

aph wrote:A word of advice (also from the own experience): If you are planning to have a large setup, consider using Linux. With Perl + Windows you will invariably run into performance problems.
Thanks for the reply. Currently the customer service instance handles about 500 tickets a month which I don't think is much, the second one will handle below 100 a month. My preference would have also been Linux but since all other systems are windows and we are partly 'outsourcing' server management...

Anyone that can give me a pointer for any of the two issues?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Please use the upload/inline feature of this forum for pictures.

Make sure the iPhone handle is installed.
Only one OTRS instance can easily be installed per OS deployment.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

crythias wrote:Please use the upload/inline feature of this forum for pictures.

Make sure the iPhone handle is installed.
Only one OTRS instance can easily be installed per OS deployment.
iphone handle is installed (see initial post).

Anyone here with a solution to the iPhone issue?
crythias

Post by crythias »

Pick an issue to address, and focus on that. I requested that you upload the picture locally. Incidentally, the "not work" and "picture we can't see" is all we have for the one issue you need resolution.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

crythias wrote:Pick an issue to address, and focus on that. I requested that you upload the picture locally. Incidentally, the "not work" and "picture we can't see" is all we have for the one issue you need resolution.
See my attachment. This is the error we get when trying to connect through the iPhone app.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias

Post by crythias »

So you looked at the apache error logs and found nothing to report here?
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

crythias wrote:So you looked at the apache error logs and found nothing to report here?
I just took a look at them;
[Thu Jun 25 08:32:34 2015] [error] [client 10.169.10.65] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. : couldn't create child process: 720002: json.pl
[Thu Jun 25 08:32:34 2015] [error] [client 10.169.10.65] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. : couldn't spawn child process: E:/OTRS/OTRS/bin/cgi-bin/json.pl'

Note that my OTRS (so also apache\perl) are installed on my E: drive (so not the default location).

I have checked up on google for this error but found no resolution, they either point towards paths inside configuration files being wrong or file access being wrong. For the first I looked inside httpd.conf file (example > ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "E:/OTRS/Apache/cgi-bin/") and this seems to be fine (nothing points towards the c:\ drive). The second one has resolutions for linux with it's file access rights, not windows.

Please keep in mind that I have little to no experience with apache \ OTRS setups. Thanks.

Edit: perhaps I've found the issue, I will test this tomorrow morning;

printenv.pl has a wrong reference:
#!C:/Perl64/bin/perl.exe

Should probably be:
#!E:/OTRS/StrawberryPerl/perl/bin/perl.exe
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

Update; change above did not solve my iPhone app issue.
eandrex
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: OTRS 4.x
Company: NORTON DE COLOMBIA

Post by eandrex »

Hi, If you havent fixed your issued

in your <OTRS_HOME>/bin/cgi-bin/json.pl

edit
https://github.com/OTRS/iPhoneHandle/bl ... json.pl#L1

to point to your perl.exe path