Priority view - Priority not updating automatically since v4 upgrade

Moderator: crythias

retro2707
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 6.0.12

Priority view - Priority not updating automatically since v4 upgrade

Post by retro2707 »

Hi,

I have just updated to OTRS v4 and since the update, when I update the impact level it does not automatically change the priority like it used to do on the old version. I have to select it manually.

Could anyone help please as to why this is not working?
2015-08-03 12_33_53-0116741 - Priority - Ticket - OTRS__ITSM 4.png
When creating a new phone or email ticket it automatically updates, its just when using the priority view in AgentTicketZoom.

I had a quick look in AgentTicketActionCommon.tt and compared to AgentTicketEmail.tt (for new email tickets) and the difference I see is in the Email there is no reference to this Priority render block. Not sure if this is significant or not.

Code: Select all

[% RenderBlockStart("Priority") %]
                        <label for="NewPriorityID">[% Translate("Priority") | html %]:</label>

<div class="Field">
                            [% Data.PriorityStrg %]
                        </div>
                        <div class="Clear"></div>

[% WRAPPER JSOnDocumentComplete %]
<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
    $('#NewPriorityID').bind('change', function (Event) {
        Core.AJAX.FormUpdate($('#Compose'), 'AJAXUpdate', 'NewPriorityID', ['TypeID', 'ServiceID', 'SLAID', 'NewOwnerID', 'OldOwnerID', 'NewResponsibleID', 'NewStateID' [% Data.DynamicFieldNamesStrg %] ]);
    });
//]]></script>
[% END %]
[% RenderBlockEnd("Priority") %]
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Setup:
OTRS 6.0.12
Hosted on CentOS 7.4/ MySQL - MariaDB (5.5.60)
retro2707
Znuny advanced

Re: Priority view - Priority not updating automatically since v4 upgrade

Post by retro2707 »

Just to add, this is happening without KiX installed so its nothing to do with that.

Any ideas chaps and chapesses? :)
Setup:
OTRS 6.0.12
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

retro2707 wrote:when I update the impact level it does not automatically change the priority like it used to do on the old version. I have to select it manually.

Could anyone help please as to why this is not working?
Check your Criticality - Impact - Priority matrix. Criticality comes from the service.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
retro2707
Znuny advanced

Post by retro2707 »

The matrix is working fine because say for example I log the following new phone ticket:

Person: Bob
Service: Desktop Computer
Impact:3
This changes the priority to 2 automatically

If I change the impact value from different values it changes the priority accordingly (what you would expect).

I click submit to log the ticket. I go into TicketZoom of the same ticket then click Priority. Without changing anything. Now when I amend the Impact in AgentTicketPriority and the priority doesn't change. It stays as 2 regardless of the impact. I can change it manually but it doesent auto update.

I have tried different browsers to see if it was that but no luck. I think I need to know is it a bug somehow. Does anyone else experience this? I find it hard to believe its a sysconfig setting... See back to my original post with the AgentTicketPriority somehow using what looks like a different format in the .tt file. I wonder if its something there somehow?

Would really appreciate some assistance on this one. We use this functionality in the Priority screen a lot so its a big deal for us.

Thanks,

Brendan
Setup:
OTRS 6.0.12
retro2707
Znuny advanced

Post by retro2707 »

OK I did a completely Vanilla install on CentOS 6.5 with 4.0.9 and the priority screen works both with and without Kix. Clearly the issue is with my installation somewhere.

it gets the circle showing that its updating the field but nothing actually changes in the Priority box.

On my existing installation i have tried the following with no luck:

I have tried copying the .tt file AgentTicketPriority.tt from a working installation
Rebooting the server
Tried with different users, same issue
Tried with different browsers, same issue.
Version 3 was absolutely fine, this issue is occurring after the v4 upgrade.

Is there something somewhere which controls whether the box updates maybe in sysconfig? Im running out of ideas on what to try.. Any help please?
Setup:
OTRS 6.0.12
retro2707
Znuny advanced

Post by retro2707 »

OK i have figured out what is causing it.

I have changed my Impact levels from the default 1 very low etc to different values in Dynamic Fields. That is just the display name, not the actual field name.

On my installation, when I changed them back to the default names the priority updated automatically in the priority view, when I changed them back, it didnt update.

What is the best way to proceed at this point? I dont really want to change the names back to default as the business has got used to the alternative names, but there clearly is an issue here that needs to be resolved.

How can I report this so it gets fixed somehow by OTRS?
Setup:
OTRS 6.0.12