cron scheduled task not running.

Moderator: crythias

OTRSRDNewbie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2, 5
Company: N/A

cron scheduled task not running.

Post by OTRSRDNewbie »

I have restored the development server. The source otrs is direct copy from the production. The database is not. It is running in CentOs 6.8, the OTRS is 3.3.2.

I have created a report. I have tested the report to be running in the front end. And I have tested the report to be running in the command line. I have created a new file schedule_report in the cron/ folder of otrs.

I have run setPermission. I have restarted Cron.sh with otrs user. But I noticed that it doesn't seems to generate the report file. The report file is a test so I can have visual checking that the report is being created. I have checked the location of the folder where the report will be written it has the correct attribute rw on otrs:apache.

Sorry I am still really green on otrs. I tried looking for the crontab but nothing was added or written in the crontab in /usr/bin/crontab and /etc/crontab and both are owned by root:root.

Is there supposed to be another crontab generated with otrs:apache property and it should contain the schedules inside the cron/ within otrs?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: cron scheduled task not running.

Post by root »

First check if you job is in the output of

Code: Select all

crontab -l -u otrs
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
OTRSRDNewbie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2, 5
Company: N/A

Post by OTRSRDNewbie »

Yes I saw that it is in the output
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

The you should check that your cron daemon is enabled to start after a reboot. How to do this? That depends on your distribution.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?