Moderator: crythias

ugob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Prevent ticket creation by email unless it comes from a web form

Post by ugob »

Hi,

I'd like to know if that is possible:

We'd like to create our own web form for ticket creation, that will create a special email with all the headers we need and send it to OTRS. We would still want to be able to have follow-ups by email, but not creation by email, is that possible?

Thanks,
zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Re: Prevent ticket creation by email unless it comes from a web form

Post by zzz »

Hello,

You're talking about "creating a special email" and "not created via email". You can do both.

If you want to create it without an email, you can use the Generic Interface. The information you'd normally put into the email header can be set as parameters (TicketCreate).

If you want to create the ticket via email, you have to create your own Postmaster Filter to make the system think that the mail is coming from another sender address. You can set the email headers on the application you're using to create the form and the ticket system will use them (set the trust option in the email setting).

— Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
ugob
Znuny newbie

Post by ugob »

Thanks a lot for your quick response. The answer provided are interesting but are mostly the part that I knew. The part that is unknown to me is how to prevent someone to create a new ticket by email, while still allow email communication for the rest of the the life of the ticket (Disallow "Ticket Create" (unless it has been created by our web form (which would send a special header, I guess), but allow Ticket Follow-up by email).
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

Hi,

Search the SysConfig for NewTicketReject

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
ugob
Znuny newbie

Post by ugob »

Ok, so in my case I could set:

Match =>
To: app1support@domain.com

Set =>
X-OTRS-Ignore: yes

This would send the reject message defined in PostMaster::PreFilterModule::NewTicketReject::Body to the sender and not create any ticket, right?

I suppose I can use regex in the "Match" section so that it could be (app1support@domain.com|app2support@domain.com|app3support@domain.com)? With this regex, app4 users would still be allowed to create a ticket by email, while app1, app2 app3 users would be forced to use the web form.