Generic Agent for new customer users?

Moderator: crythias

hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Generic Agent for new customer users?

Post by hkais »

Hi there,

is there any good way to create new customer users automatically on new tickets, if a new ticket reaches a specific queue?

e.g. having a customer queue "myCustomer" and every message moved or added to this queue will analyse the from field.
If the from field contains an unknown customer user, the generic agent will create a new user with the displayed name on the e-mail or the email itself.

I have seen that the GA has a new customer user field, but I am fully unclear how to use it, or how to tell to set a specific username

Anyone here, who can explain or point to a doc? (or code)?
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Generic Agent for new customer users?

Post by root »

Hi,
hkais wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 07:41 is there any good way to create new customer users automatically on new tickets, if a new ticket reaches a specific queue?

e.g. having a customer queue "myCustomer" and every message moved or added to this queue will analyse the from field.
If the from field contains an unknown customer user, the generic agent will create a new user with the displayed name on the e-mail or the email itself.
There is no way to do this without development.
hkais wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 07:41 I have seen that the GA has a new customer user field, but I am fully unclear how to use it, or how to tell to set a specific username
The new customer user field you talking about is for setting a new customer not creating one. The complete GenericAgent is about changing attributes of a ticket not of other objects.
hkais wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 07:41 Anyone here, who can explain or point to a doc? (or code)?
You need to create a custom module which parses (the 1st) article of a ticket and create a customer user based on the sender details. Sorry, but this goes way beyond a short explanation.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Post by hkais »

maybe I understand the issue wrong

but my opinion would be, create a GA with

if ( from is @example.com && not existent in DB)
create user and assign to customer

maybe I missunderstand here some basic things?
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

hkais wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 16:22 maybe I understand the issue wrong

but my opinion would be, create a GA with

if ( from is @example.com && not existent in DB)
create user and assign to customer

maybe I missunderstand here some basic things?
Hi,

Yes, a GA is able to change attributes of a ticket. Creating a customer user is not a ticket attribute.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?