help with customer backend

Moderator: crythias

tsolodov
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

help with customer backend

Post by tsolodov »

Hello all, sorry for my bad eanglish. :)
I install otrs 2.4 on my server.
I have oracle DB whith my clients, but information of clients stored in multiple tables.(such as: address, account..etc) I read in manual how i may connect clients data from one table, i understood it, but i don't understand how i may connect data from multiple tables. Please help me.
:D
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: help with customer backend

Post by crythias »

My first blush guess regarding this is to have a "view" that returns what you're looking for. http://www.dba-oracle.com/concepts/views.htm
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
tsolodov
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Post by tsolodov »

crythias wrote:My first blush guess regarding this is to have a "view" that returns what you're looking for. http://www.dba-oracle.com/concepts/views.htm
I know what is view, I want make it without view. I can not change the scheme DB.
Thank you for answer...
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I have two options that have come to me.

The code (Kernel/System/CustomerUser/DB.pm) says:

Code: Select all

$SQL .= " FROM $Self->{CustomerTable} WHERE ";
Anything you want to put in Config.pm Table=> that is valid SQL you should be able to do. (I am sorry, I can't test it, but it should make sense?) You'll want to make this ReadOnly => 1; because the Update/Insert for new users and password changes should happen in your Oracle interface, not in your OTRS Interface. If you do not make it ReadOnly, the INSERT and UPDATE code in DB.pm may not handle your changes properly:

my $SQL = "INSERT INTO $Self->{CustomerTable} (";
    for my $Entry ( @{ $Self->{CustomerUserMap}->{Map} } ) {
        if ( $Entry->[0] !~ /^UserPassword$/i ) {
            $SQL .= " $Entry->[2], ";
Kernel/Config.pm suggestion:

$Self->{CustomerUser} = {
        Name   => 'Database Backend',
        Module => 'Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB',
        Params => {
            # if you want to use an external database, add the
            # required settings
#            DSN => 'DBI:odbc:yourdsn',
#            DSN => 'DBI:mysql:database=customerdb;host=customerdbhost',
#            User => '',
#            Password => '',
            Table => 'customer_user LEFT JOIN address_table ON customer_user.column_name=address_table.column_name',
        },
        CustomerID             => 'customer_user.customer_id',
        CustomerValid          => 'customer_user.valid_id',
        CustomerUserListFields => [ 'customer_user.first_name', 'customer_user.last_name', 'address_table.email' ],
        ReadOnly => 1,

I think I have another way, but I can't test it, and you may not like it.

The idea is that you use MSAccess to connect to the Oracle database and join the tables in a query. Then you might be able to use an ODBC connection to the MSAccess database and use the Query as the table to get your data.

This would likely have a performance hit if referencing thousands of records constantly, and if it works at all, you should probably expect the information to be read-only.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask