Ticket template on Customer WebService

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
michal
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Ticket template on Customer WebService

Post by michal »

Hi,

I'm new to OTRS Forum so please be patient with me :)

I'd like to have a ticket template (few questions on the body of the rich text editor) when creating a new customer ticket. I've found no parameters in SysConfig to do it.
I've edited "CustomerTicketMessage.dtl" and added some html text (line 133):
<!-- dtl:block:RichText -->
<textarea id="RichText" name="Body" rows="15" cols="$Config{"Ticket::Frontend::TextAreaNote"}">$QData{"Body"}
SOME QUESTION 1:
SOME QUESTION 2:
</textarea>

It works well until customer won't change the queue. Then my questions are duplicated as many times as the change of the queue took place.

Could anybody help ?

Thanks in advance.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Ticket template on Customer WebService

Post by crythias »

Check this out and see whether it applies to you.
http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5157#p23375
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
michal
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by michal »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for a replay.

It's not enough for me unfortunately. As far as the RichText field is not reloading with the queue change, the body not contain my questions (perhaps oEditor.SetHTML function doesn't working well). Besides a submit button is inactive the first time pressed (perhaps document.compose.submit() function is responsible for this). The second press of a submit button works.

So I had to put my questions to the <textarea> field again. Then after a second press of a submit button they are duplicated again.

Do you know other way do manage with this kind of problem ?

Thank you for your time.
Jobacham
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.2

Post by Jobacham »

Is there any way to implement the code in OTRS 3.0?

Or are there other ways to create these Templates for the <textarea> ?

Would be awesome!!!

Cheers
DB: PostgreSQL
OTRS 3.0.3
harsha
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.5

Post by harsha »

This seems to be a stale topic but if someones still watching it'd be great if you could point me the right direction. As in my textarea fields for customer tickets is plain text.

I have this issue of the plain text replicating whenever a queue is changed.

Is there way to have default text?
And any way to have text change based on the queue and service selected?
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

The way I got around it was by having just 1 queue the customer can create tickets it. Then there is no text duplication.
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I just wanted to post this in this thread: http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=8032 If it still doesn't apply, my apologies.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
mario156
Znuny advanced

Post by mario156 »

We created a dropdown menu with a list of templates (most like different forms with much html code).

Behind the dropdown-menu entrys we use the methode expaind here for the agent frontend: http://blog.otrs.org/2010/11/02/otrs-3- ... templates/

So you can have as much templates as you want and you can not only fill the body, you can also fill subject, queue and freetext fields (if you have some).

In the agent frontend we use the same with a little enhancement: We have 2 dependent dropdown menus. In the 1st one i can select a departmend (we are using OTRS in totaly different way, of course for a customer servicedesk, also for a internal helpdesk, for differnt global internal stuff like vacation-forms etc. etc.) or a category after i selected this i get a second drowdown menu next to it an can select my template. so i have a classification of all my templates (because all in one dropdown menu would be to much). This would also work for the customer portal...
SYSTEM:

OTRS: 3.0.6
Web-Srv./DB: Apache2/mySQL 5
Giulio Soleni
Znuny wizard
Znuny Version: 6.0.x and 5.0.x
Company: IKS srl

Post by Giulio Soleni »

Hi mario.
mario156 wrote:We created a dropdown menu with a list of templates
I am really interested on it.
I have read the hints of the site you posted.
May you please share your modification to the code to have dropdown menus instead of several distinct menu entries...

thank you in advance.
Giulio
OTRS 6.0.x on CentOS 7.x with MariaDB 10.2.x database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
ITSM and FAQ modules installed.
schaffel
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.X
Company: SyroCon Consulting GmbH

Post by schaffel »

That sounds very interesting.

I'm just wondering as well how to create a dropdown menu in the customer frontend.
I managed to place a navbar entry to a 'link' template but it would be nice to have a drop down menu.

Could please give some hint or even an howto for creating drop down menues in customer frontend

thanks in advance
production: OTRS 5.0.X | OTRS:ITSM 5.0.X | AWS-RDS MariaDB 10.1.X | CentOS 7

Gibt es im Raum Frankfurt/Darmstadt OTRS/ITSM-Benutzer, die an einem Erfahrungsaustausch interessiert sind? Dann meldet euch um mit Gleichgesinnten über OTRS in der Praxis und den ganzen Rest zu reden.