Change Management Templates - how/where?

Moderator: crythias

machtech
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Change Management Templates - how/where?

Post by machtech »

Hi

We have OTRS 2.4.7 and ITSM 2.0.2 installed and operating nicely.

Our issue is that under "ITSM Change" -> "New" we cannot select from an available "Change Template"........all we have in that drop down box is a single "-" (dash).

If we go to "ITSM Change" -> "Template" there are none listed......we see "Templates: 0-0 of 0".

Under "Admin" -> "SysConfig" -> "Group Selection" -> "ITSM Change Management (276)" -> [Show] we can see nothing that represents us creating templates.

Please help - how do we create our Chamge Management Templates??

Many thanks and best regards to all :-)

Paul
meilon
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.18

Re: Change Management Templates - how/where?

Post by meilon »

You create templates from existing changes! I searched for this a while, too. Open up your created change and click the "Template" link on the far right in the menu.

Besides, marking the template selection as a mandatory field made me searching for this "create template" feature before I made my first change. Maybe the design of the create change should be revised, making it more obvious that you can fill out the form below and ignore the top one if you want to create a new change without using a template!

-meilon
OTRS 5.0.18 :: ITSM auf Apache 2.4.18 (Ubuntu), Perl 5.22.1 mit Ubuntu Server 16.04.2
Agent Auth über ActiveDirectory, Customer Auth mit Kerberos SingleSignOn über ActiveDirectory
machtech
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by machtech »

Very many thanks for the pointer in the right direction :-)
abhradip
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

Post by abhradip »

I am facing the same problem. I can not create any change ticket as the template field is mandatory & I can not change that field to anything apart from a "-" sign. I am not able to create a new change ticket (because I can not fill the template field) & therefore not able to create any template out of it.

What workaround did you use? It will be of immense help if you share that details of creating first change ticket step by step.

Any help from anyone is appreciated
meilon
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.18

Post by meilon »

If you are using OTRS::ITSM 3 beta 3, be sure to check Bug 6841: http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6841
OTRS 5.0.18 :: ITSM auf Apache 2.4.18 (Ubuntu), Perl 5.22.1 mit Ubuntu Server 16.04.2
Agent Auth über ActiveDirectory, Customer Auth mit Kerberos SingleSignOn über ActiveDirectory